Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Day 4- I get by with a little help from my much faster running friend

Today I went for a brief but challenging run with my friend who possesses a lot more running skill than I do.
We ended up completing approximately 3 miles at a difficult pace, which is a HUGE accomplishment for me.  During crew I would be required to run two miles tops, and it was at a very friendly pace.  I am certainly not used to long runs, let alone long runs while going fast (yes I know for xcountry people a long run is at least 8 miles but this is very long for me thank you very much).  Although it was mental and physical torture at the time, I feel extremely accomplished after my run today.
My kneecap was painful towards the end of the run, so when I got home, I did the exercises for that (I have a problem with my right kneecap shifting every so often).  I proceeded to do core for about 5 minutes.
Running with a buddy was helpful, as it pushed me time-wise and also made it so that I didn't stop (except for a particularly painful kneecap moment towards the end).  I would definitely recommend finding a person a tad faster than you to get you moving and push you to succeed!
All in all it was a very nice workout, I am going to work on building up my endurance!

No comments:

Post a Comment